Updated by Boaz Dremer
How to - Work with team dashboard
Team dashboard is the "home" of the team. In this dashboard view we are giving the teams a set of operational tools to manage their day to day tasks, to identify and mitigate quality and delivery risk in real time in order to constantly improve delivery and quality of the team and each team member.
Team dashboard breakdown
The team dashboard has 2 different views. The first is "real time" view that represents the activity of the team in the current "active" iteration. This view is very focused on operational and real-time problem solving issues. The second view is a retrospect view for past iterations. In this view the focus is on analytical data that helps the team understand its points for improvement and points to preserve. This view is aimed for the retrospect process that a team is doing when the iteration ends.
Current Iteration view
In current iteration view we show team and team members information about current iteration:
- Team Cycle Time - The cycle time widget shows the cycle time for all the branches that were done by the team members during the current iteration. The colors of the different steps indicates how the times of the team compares to the industry benchmark times.
- Team Work Breakdown - The work breakdown widget shows the ration of new work, rework and refactor for all the code changes that were done by the team members during the iteration. This widget also shows the total code changes done by the team members during the iteration.
- Team Members - The team members widget shows the activity summary for all the team as well as each member of the team. This widget shows the WIP, Done, Reviews and active days for each team member and for the team. Members that are "spread too this" (Have 10 or more active branches in work) and members that are idle (have 0 active branches in work) will be noted. For reviews number for each member will also have a background circle that indicates the review depth for the member. For "Done" number there will be a background circle that indicates the total number of code changes in these branches.
- Notifications - The notifications widget displays real-time notifications about quality and delivery risk events. Each notification will include the type of the notification, the relevant entity (including link to the actual GIT entity), The date the notification was added and the following actions:
- What Should I do? - Opens a help article with specific available action items for the notification type.
- View all - takes the user to the "Activity" page and shows all the entities that have the same risk category as the notification.
- Pin - Pins the notification to the top of the list to make it visible
- Dismiss - Removes the notification from the list and moves it to dismissed notifications.
- Teams Dropdown - Allows the user to move between different teams dashboards
- Iteration time picker - Allows the user to change the iteration context of the dashboard
Retrospect Iteration View
The retrospect provides is less operational and more analytical its purpose is to provide the team with tools to perform a retrospect review and get insights about the ended iteration. For that reason the retrospect view include more metric summaries and metric trends as well as information about the ended iteration.
- Team Cycle Time - Same
- Team Work breakdown - Same
- Team Members - In team members view in retrospect we are showing metrics related to the relevant iteration. Metrics including Done tasks, Reviews Activity days, and Carryover.
- Review Depth - Shows the average comments per review during the relevant iteration. This metric can also be viewed in longer prism showing the trends for the last five iterations.
- Deployment Frequency - Shows the average deployments per day for the relevant iteration. This metric can also be viewed in longer prism showing the trends for the last five iterations.