How to Generate a Release API Token
Paid subscriptions of LinearB can track deploy time based on API calls from your CI/CD system. Use the instructions below to generate a release API token.
Before you generate a token:
- Make sure to first update your release detection in LinearB to use the API integration. Go to Company Settings -> Advanced and select "API Integration" under Release Detection.
- Don't see an "API Integration" option? Contact email@example.com to upgrade or enable this feature!
- The UI is built to generate a token for the final
releasestage of deployment. If you would like to monitor multiple deployment stages, such as a QA or staging phase prior to release, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to implement a multi-stage detection strategy.
Generating a Release API Token
- Click on the gear icon in the top right of your LinearB page, select Company Settings -> API Tokens
- Click the "Create API Token" button, a popup window will appear with your new key.
- Copy the API token.
The generated token can be installed in your CI/CD system to notify LinearB when code is deployed. For more detail on implementing this API in your system, please review our documentation here: Multi-Stage Delivery API
Update or Revoke API Token
API Tokens are only visible the first time they are generated. If you need to update or change your API Token, first revoke the existing token and generate a new token. Tokens can be revoked at any time. Simply click the "revoke" button next to your current token to revoke access.